Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Europe & Beyond
"The trick to really connecting with Italians is to accept their love of the 3 'F's - Food, Friends and Family." - Andrew Ainscough, Travel Director
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Rome: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy's best loved songs.
- Tuscany: Indulge in a private picnic of seasonal produce on the grounds of the estate Italian Renaissance diplomat and writer, Niccolo Machiavelli.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo's David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
- Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local. See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand besides the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
- Pisa: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over of the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Assisi: See St. Mary of the Angels Church and join your Local Expert to walk through the cobbled streets to St. Clare's Church and see the cathedral.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Isle of Capri: Relax and enjoy the views as you are driven in an iconic open-top taxi.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call (651) 731-8026 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15391496
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome: Welcome to Rome, a glorious city filled with classic antiquities, medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches. Transfers depart from Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport for your hotel at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:30.Relax and settle in before joining your Travel Director at 17:30, and get to know your fellow travellers over a delicious Welcome Dinner with wine at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Romanico Palace, Rome.
|Day 2||Rome||VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local: The day is devoted to the Eternal City. Join a Local Expert for an in-depth visit to the Vatican Museums, full of priceless art treasures collected by the Popes. Insight has arranged special VIP entry to avoid the lines and gain behind-the-scenes access to the Bramante Staircase, a marvel of Renaissance architecture, normally off-limits to visitors. Visit the Sistine Chapel, where the Popes are elected, to admire Michelangelo's famous ceiling. Continue to St. Peter's Basilica, to wonder at another of his works, the emotive 'Pieta,' and stand beneath the dome completed after his death. Cross the Tiber river to enjoy ancient Rome. See the incredible Circus Maximus. Come up close and personal with the beautifully preserved Arch of Constantine, walking on the ancient pavement. Discover the history, the construction and the legends of the iconic Colosseum as you stroll around the exterior of this amazing structure. Later, perhaps continue your exploration of Rome to see the Pantheon, toss a coin in Trevi Fountain and enjoy free time around Piazza Navona? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Romanico Palace, Rome.
|Day 3||Florence||Tuscan Hills & Medieval Florence: Travel through Tuscany to the house of the Italian Renaissance diplomat and writer, Niccolo Machiavelli. Indulge in a private picnic of seasonal produce on the grounds of the estate. Drive to the Chianti Hills and the city of Florence. On arrival, you will be privy to the secrets of traditional Florentine leatherwork when you visit a local workshop, and see a gold demonstration. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Athenaeum Florence/Hotel Londra.
|Day 4||Florence||Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance: Explore Florence with Insight Choice. Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo's David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour and enjoy all the treats and trinkets on show. Walk on to the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, where Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise have been recreated in all their glory. Visit Piazza della Signoria, still the political heart of Florence and an open-air gallery of Renaissance masterpieces. Spend time gazing at statues such as Neptune as well as Hercules and Cacus, along the front of the Palazzo Vecchio. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Athenaeum Florence/Hotel Londra.
|Day 5||Venice||Pisa to Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic: Journey to the coastal town of Pisa and see the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles, as well as the baptistery and colonnaded bell tower behind the cathedral. Relax and enjoy the scenery as you cross the spectacular Apennine Mountains, through the Emilia-Romagna region - one of Europe's most intensely farmed fertile plains. Continue through the marshes of the Venetian Lagoon before crossing the causeway into the floating city of Venice. As evening falls, day-trippers desert the city to return to the mainland. Appreciate the peace and tranquillity of Venice from your centrally located hotel. This evening, indulge in a delicious dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Bellini Venezia, Venice.
|Day 6||Venice||Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima: In the morning, a visit to an arts centre lets you admire the age-old skill of glassblowing by skilled artisans.In the afternoon, your private boat takes you past historic churches and 13th century palaces to St. Mark's Square. The first sight is the pink marble of the Doge's Palace, connected to the prisons by the Bridge of Sighs. It was from here that Casanova made his daring escape. Turn the corner, and the gilded regalia of St. Mark's Basilica comes into view.Afterwards, board a traditional gondola for a serenade along the romantic canals. (Breakfast)|
Bellini Venezia, Venice.
|Day 7||Assisi||Assisi: Journey to the peaceful town of Assisi, dotted with medieval churches, colourful frescoes and shady courtyards. In the valley, see the Church of St. Mary of the Angels, much venerated as the place of St. Francis' death, then continue up Mount Subasio to the upper town. With your Local Expert, step inside the huge Basilica of St. Francis, built in the 13th century, where the frescoes by Giotto heralded a new era in Italian art. Arrive at your hotel, located in the heart of the medieval Old Town. Enjoy the tranquility of the historic old town during free time. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Giotto Assisi.
|Day 8||Sorrento||Sorrento on the coast: Travel south passing Cassino, the scene of a fierce battle during World War II. Follow the spectacular clifftop road to the picturesque resort of Sorrento, overlooking the Bay of Naples to Mount Vesuvius. After checking in to your hotel, spend the rest of the day at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Isabella, Sorrento.
|Day 9||Capri||Capri, the Isle of Dreams: Cross the Bay of Naples to reach the beautiful Isle of Capri, a rock rising sheer from the Mediterranean! For 2,000 years, Capri has beckoned visitors from Tiberius Caesar to Gracie Fields. Arriving at the Marina Grande by boat, ascend to Capri town by one of the island's iconic open-top taxis. A Local Expert joins you for an exploration of the narrow alleyways. Browse in exclusive boutiques and wonder at the views over the Tyrrhenian Sea. Descend to the port by funicular railway and return to Sorrento, where you are at leisure for the rest of the day the day. Perhaps head to Positano for an exploration of the colourful Amalfi Coast? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Isabella, Sorrento.
|Day 10||Rome||Pompeii, frozen in time and on to Rome: Continue to Pompeii, the opulent Roman town which was preserved by layers of ash from the disastrous eruption of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79. A walk with your Local Expert through the cobbled streets and extensive excavations reveals the daily life of ancient Roman civilisation. Visit the Forum and peer into shops and patrician villas, decorated with colourful wall paintings. Then continue north as you travel to your hotel in Rome. In the evening, enjoy an elegant four-course Celebration Dinner with local wine at a Roman restaurant. As you dine, enjoy a private performance of popular songs and arias from some of Italy's best-loved operas. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Bettoja Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio / Kolbe Hotel, Rome.
|Day 11||Rome||Arrivederci Roma: Bid farewell to the glories of Italy. Departure transfers arrive at Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 07:00 and 09:30. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: (20 Sep, 20 Sep and 20 Sep) There is a 90% reduction to the Single Supplement on these departures, subject to availability. (17 May, 20 Sep, 20 Sep, 20 Sep and 20 Sep) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Venice. (4b) This departure will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Florence.(17 May, 09 Aug, 20 Sep, 20 Sep, 20 Sep and 20 Sep) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in Rome. Isle of Capri: Open-top taxis are dependent on favourable weather conditions. (1a) Christmas Markets: These departures explore in select cities. Saturday departures visit Vatican Museum and St Peters on day 3 before departing for Florence.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class