American Parks Trail - end Rapid City, Classic Group, 2021
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
A trip for the brave, delve into the Wild West as you make your away across a rugged land famous for cowboys and rodeo. You'll come face-to-face with some monumental figures, while a day at Deadwood will teach you about the fascinating days of notable figures including Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane. You'll witness the wild charms of Yellowstone National Park after hours as you stay the night in the park's popular lodges, while All-American breakfasts and hearty ranch food will keep you fuelled throughout your journey.
- Jackson: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine, where you will meet your fellow guests.
- Clearmont: Here you'll enjoy an All-American ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine.
- Custer: Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner, as you reflect on your adventure across the wide-open spaces of America's national parks.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Crazy Horse: You'll start by viewing Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world's largest mountain carving.
- Yellowstone NP: Continue to Yellowstone, the world's first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you'll experience Wyoming in all its glory.
- Yellowstone: Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. The Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Spend your morning with included horseback riding (8) in your beautiful surroundings.
- Black Hills: View the awe-inspiring Devils tower, a butte that protrudes from the landscape and is considered sacred by the Lakota and other tribes.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town's notable residents aboard Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (651) 731-8026 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15392644
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Jackson Hole||Arrive in Jackson and Grand Teton National Park.: Welcome to Jackson, a remote and rugged Western town and increasingly popular destination. Jackson's iconic four elk arches guarding the corners of Jackson Square are surrounded by an incredible array of galleries, boutiques, restaurants and bars. On arrival, you'll be taken to your incredibly scenic hotel. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine, where you will meet your fellow guests. (Dinner with Wine)|
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole.
|Day 2||Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park.: Wake up to a mountainous view like no other and witness the striking Grand Tetons thrust skyward 6,562 feet (2,000 metres) from the valley floor. This morning, you have the opportunity to partake in an optional scenic float trip (8) down the Snake River inside Grand Teton National Park. Continue to Yellowstone, the world's first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you'll experience Wyoming in all its glory. Keep an eye out for black bears or wolves. Tonight you'll stay in the National Park Lodges, allowing you to experience the park after hours, in its natural glory. (Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 3||Yellowstone National Park||Geysers and Colourful Mudpots at Yellowstone.: Savour the surreal surroundings of Yellowstone with a relaxed start. Walk among the rainbow tinted hot springs and watch the erupting geysers as you take in the history of the park on an informative stroll with your Travel Director. Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. You'll behold the powerful roar of Lower Yellowstone Falls, before heading back to your Park Lodge rooms. The National Park is also famous for its wildlife, so keep an eye out for the Yellowstone ram, wolves, bears and elk. (Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 4||Clearmont||The Ranch at Ucross.: Set off on your travels through the stark Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains to the Wild West Town of Cody. Learn more about America's great Western legends at the Buffalo Bill Centre, known for its Western art collection, firearms and natural history. End the day in Clearmont, Wyoming where you'll check in to your abode for the night. Here you'll enjoy an All-American ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Ranch at UCross, Clearmont.
|Day 5||Spearfish Canyon||Devils Tower into the Black Hills.: Live the American frontier dream and begin your day with a scenic country horseback ride (8). If playing cowboy isn't your thing, perhaps go fishing or merely relax and take in your beautiful surroundings, the choice is yours. Make your way to Devils Tower, an astounding geological feature that protrudes out of the surrounding the Black Hills. This symbolic landmark is considered sacred to the Lakota and other tribes. Experience Spearfish Canyon, a favoured spot among wildlife enthusiasts and one famous for its elvish woodland beauty. The limestone palisades of this creek-carved gorge are more ancient than the Grand Canyon. (Breakfast)|
Spearfish Canyon Lodge.
|Day 6||Custer State Park||Custer and the Wild, Wild West.: A day for those looking to explore the Wild West, try to spot pronghorn antelope as you cross the great high plains to the Black Hills of South Dakota. You'll have the opportunity to join Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour, while a Local Expert will talk about the days of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane, who made this once lawless town famous during the Gold Rush of the 1870s. Continue on to Custer State Park, renowned for its beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife. (Breakfast)|
State Game Lodge at Custer State Park.
|Day 7||The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota||The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota.: The heart of the Black Hills offers spectacular representations of the nation's past. Travel to iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Here, carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape. There will be ample time to explore on your own. Afterwards, you'll head to Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world's largest mountain carving. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner, as you reflect on your adventure across the wide-open spaces of America's national parks. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Rapid City||Depart Rapid City.: Guests ending in Rapid City will be taken to Rapid City Regional Airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class