The Right Spa
How Do I Know Which Spa is Right for Me?
It is important that you know what you want from a "wellness program". Ask yourself what you would like to accomplish or experience, then select a spa that enables you to concentrate on an area of emphasis such as:
The Seven Kinds of Spas
- Health and Wellness: Explore healthy living, learn to deal with issues such as smoking or medical concerns and discover how lifestyle choices can lead to optimal wellness.
- Fitness: Work out in fitness classes, enjoy invigorating body treatments, participate in outdoor sports activities or sign up for programs to lose weight, get fit or adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- Stress Management: Learn relaxation techniques, how to manage stress and other strategies for feeling more in balance and in control.
- Peace of Mind: Pursue a spiritual journey of introspection and reflection through meditation, yoga, tai chi, chi gong and other practices or activities that lead to serenity, understanding and self acceptance.
- Pampering and Pleasure: Guests indulge their senses with massages, facials, mud or aroma baths and other delightful treatments as they enjoy a completely relaxing vacation.
The Seven Kinds of Spas
- Club Spa: Primarily a fitness facility, with services offered on a day use basis.
- Cruise Ship Spa: Aboard a cruise ship, professional treatments, personal training and salon services are offered on an a' la carte basis.
- Day Spa: Professionally administered services available on a day-use basis.
- Destination Spa: Focused on lifestyle improvement and health enhancement through professionally administered services, physical fitness, educational programs and on-site accommodations.
- Medical Spa: Individuals, solo practices, groups and institutions comprised of medical and spa professionals whose primary purpose is to provide comprehensive medical and wellness care in an environment that integrates spa services with conventional and complimentary therapies and treatments.
- Mineral Springs Spa: Hydrotherapy treatments that use natural mineral or thermal waters, or sea water, from an on-site source.
Resort Hotel Spa: Located within a resort or hotel, professionally administered spa services, fitness and wellness components and spa cuisine menu choices are available on a daily or multi-day basis.